Friday, February 11, 2011

Jamaica Athletic Singlet

Tung, the founder of Mutation By ... in the interview of the month!

Today Tamara meeting with Tung, founder of the ethical brand "By Mutation."
With us, it returns to its vision of creating the beginnings of his trademark ... but also on his new collection spring-summer 2011!
Enjoy!


Why did you choose to embark on a ready-made ethical?

This choice was obvious to me after coming to the following conclusion: there in haute couture large surplus textiles.
So naturally I chose value of these materials by giving them a second life.

Basically, I have no training in fashion design. I studies conducted in international cooperation . So I had to learn this new craft on the job.
Maybe this unusual career that has allowed Mutation By differentiate itself from other brands of ready to wear ethics. I arrived in this community with a vision very open, uninhibited creation .

I first started designing accessories and then I walked slowly toward the loan-to-wear.

By Mutation In
, creation and production are locally .
-At first, I recovered from the haute couture of excess tissue. The biggest advantage of a Such an approach is that it gives me access to materials of high quality (To give you an example, I recently had the opportunity to get beautiful floral prints). Then phase-
creation takes place within my shop located in the heart of Menilmontant in Paris.
-Finally, the production is performed in a Parisian sweatshop .

In everyday life, it is very important for me to be surrounded by a team of professionals with complementary skills (designer, designers, artists ...). I think in fact this collective approach very rewarding and challenging.

-How did you arrive in the small world of ethical fashion?

At the beginning of this project, I met a number of creators of pioneering brands such as Veja, Tudo Bom ...
Indeed, it is always interesting to learn from the experience of these precursors.

But I must say that from the creation of the brand, I had a very clear idea of values, images ... I wanted to convey through my creations. By mutation should be a feminine brand, definitely rooted in fashion.

I also love the side limited collections, exclusive . Indeed, all parts By mutation have a name, a history and are numbered . Thus, a customer who purchased one of my creations knows she has a unique piece. It is a strong feeling.

Finally, at the outset of this adventure, it was important to me that my customers buy my creations for their design, originality and not their values ethical.
Indeed, it seems important if one wishes to find and brand loyalty of its audience, that ethics is a means and not an end.


-How would you describe the woman By Mutation?

is a woman of character. His style is changing according to his moods . It can just as easily adopted an ultra-feminine style and then change to a more androgynous look. Assume a chic look and contrast with more offbeat. I love the mix of gender.

In general, the woman is a mutation By woman all out there who is not afraid to stand out and look through his daring.
she dug in her wardrobe and home designers to create its own identity.


-Could you tell us about your next collection spring-summer 2011?

is a very personal collection that discusses what I call the "gris gris" of Mutation By . These charms are for me loaded with memories.

For example, there the key symbol of this collection , which is invited on some parts.
(Example on a jacket, a retail chain ending with a small key that recalls the pocket watches of our grandfathers ... This channel can also be transformed into a bracelet)
This makes little reference to the key for me happiness.

The faithful of the brand will also notice that there hours hold a special place. Each creation is designated by a specific times (00:00, 15:15, 21:21 ...)
I am very sensitive to the numbers and their meanings. For me its "double hours" are a sign of luck and reflects a mood, a state of mind.

Also included in this collection some male codes: cuts, details such as straps ....


-What is the creation of which you are most proud of?

It would probably be the vest 15.15 Duplex both long and short version. I love the volume of work has been done on this piece.

Otherwise, beyond a particular establishment, I think that be sustainable in this business is very difficult . For now, I did not complain, the acceptance by the public and the press is very positive, and that's encouraging, but it remains a delicate path.
It is obviously important to cultivate that interest, while remaining honest and true to the philosophy of the beginning. What matters to me most is to reach the public through my creations and create a story around that mark.

Preview Dressing Spring Summer 2011: Luckey - by changing from by changing one Vimeo.


-Finally, could you talk some projects that are important to you during the year 2011?

I would work a little differently. Make great emphasis on collaborations with other designers or artists . Do not hesitate to join. These are really things that I find engines in the dynamics of creation.

Otherwise, personally, I would open my to other artistic fields, going beyond fashion ...

Can we learn more?

... For now I prefer to retain some mystery surrounding these projects ... but I hold you informed!

Tamara Thanks for giving me this interview and see you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment